This warranty is in addition to (and does not exclude or modify in any way) the Consumer Guarantees Act.
2a. Private use; The warranty runs for the term of 12 months from the date of purchase.
2b. Normal commercial agricultural use; A limited warranty runs for the term of 6 months from the date of purchase.
3. Subject to clause 4, we warrant that the Lifan product will be free from inherent defects in materials and workmanship for the term.
4. The warranty ceases if:
a) The Lifan product is damaged by:
- normal wear and tear;
- failure to properly maintain and service;
- infestation by insects and vermin;
- incorrect operation;
- excessive use;
- use of which is not designed;
b) The Lifan product is not serviced by an authorized service agent according to the above record sheet.
c) Regular care and maintenance as outlined in the owner’s handbook is not adhered to.
d) The Lifan product is rented.
e) The Lifan product is used in a salt-water environment.
f) The Lifan product is used outside of New Zealand.
g) The Lifan product is used for commercial purposes other than that noted 2b.
5. This warranty does not apply to any accessory supplied with the Lifan product.
6. If you wish to make a claim under the warranty you may contact us, or your place of purchase.
7. If you make a claim under warranty, we will assume, unless you notify us to the contrary, that you will be fully compensated for defeats by any of the following:
a) The repair of the Lifan product by us or a Lifan NZ authorized agent.
b) The replacement of the Lifan product or replacement of defective Lifan parts by us or a Lifan NZ authorized agent.
8. If we provide you with a replacement product. Lifan NZ will pay freight costs of the replacement product to the nearest Lifan authorized service agent. Lifan NZ will also pay freight costs of the original product back to us.
9a. Subject to clause 1 if, after we have inspected the Lifan product, we are of the opinion that the Lifan product or alleged defect is not covered by the warranty for what ever reason, you will be liable for any labour parts or transport costs incurred by us.
9b. Consumerables such as chain, sprockets, tyres, clutch plates, light bulbs, brake components, etc.
9c. Competition use